Research Help (research resources, news, study resources and tutorials)
- Children’s Literature
- Classroom Management
- Education News
- Ed Tech Magazine
- EdTech Digest
- Higher Education – Hechinger Report – Even as policymakers push to increase the proportion of Americans with degrees, university and college students and their families contend with ever-rising costs and debt, low success rates, and growing concern about equal access to a higher education. We cover the causes of these problems, and the innovations being tried to solve them.
- School Administration Including:
- Child Care and Early Learning – Includes info on:
* Keystone STARS
* Help with child care expenses
* Search for a child care provider
* Licensing and Inspection Reports
OCDEL Child Care Providers
* Pennsylvania’s State Plan for Child
* Care Development Block Grant
* Child Care Fatality and Serious Injury
* Disabilities or Developmental delays
* For Parents
- PDE Academic Standards
- Pennsylvania’s Early Learning Resource Centers (ELRCs)
Educational Technology – Classroom Resources
- Edmodo “Make your classroom a community” – A free and secure social learning network for teachers, students and schools, with a safe and easy way to exchange ideas, share content, and access homework, grades and school notices.
- 2 Minute Ed Talk – from I ♡ Ed Tech
- ALA’s Best Websites for Teaching & Learning
- Children’s Technology Review – Software reviews.
- 77 Games – Free Technology for Teachers
- US Dept. of Education Office of Ed Tech
- TeacherTubeAn online community for sharing instructional videos
- Many Goes to the US MintFun, educational episode of Many the Uncanny about how coins are made in Philadelphia. K-12
- Many’s Jamestown ExtravaganzaABC Kids video episode of “Manny the Uncanny,” in colonial Jamestown, VA
Kids learn quickly when it’s a song!
- Presidents Song – From Nickelodeon
- US Constitution Preamble Song -Kids sing the preamble
- Wakko’s 50 States with Capitols – Includes subtitles
- Wakko’s World Geography – Animaniacs Nations of the World
Professional Development Videos
- Education In Video from Alexander Street Press
- This link opens in a new window – Teacher training videos from Alexander Street Press
TCI, or CI s the most innovative L2 teaching strategy. Look it up!
Studying to teach a foreign language?
- Teaching with Comprehensible Input: Q&A
- Teaching with Comprehensible Input (TCI) and TPRS® Discussion, Products and Training -Language Learning or Language Acquisition?
- International Journal of Foreign Language Teaching -Open access, peer reviewed journal articles available freely