Research Help (research resources, news, study resources and tutorials)
Top 12 Classroom Management Websites
- Google Drive – A suite of excellent tools to store documents and create documents, presentations, spreadsheets, and drawings.
- Edpuzzle – Create video lessons and track your students understanding.
- Plickers – Collect formative assessment and provide real-time feedback to students.
- Classdojo – Build productive classroom communities with parents and students.
- Google Classroom – A great platform to connect with students, ‘create classes, distribute assignments, communicate, and stay organized’.
- Trello – A good visual way to enhance collaborative work and organize group projects.
- QuizletEnhance students learning with various tools, games and flashcards.
- Nearpod – Create interactive lessons, get real-time feedback and post-session reports on your students understanding.
- Padlet – Create boards, add different forms of content and invite others to collaborate in real-time.
- ReadWriteThink – Access tons of student interactives, learning tools, professional development materials and several other resources to use in class.
- Playposit – Create interactive videos by adding questions and monitor students performance.
- Class Charts‘ – Class Charts helps organize students into appropriate learning groups and minimizes school behavior issues
We Are Teachers
We Are Teachers – There are some topics that are so broad, so overwhelming that it’s hard to know where to begin. For teachers, classroom management can be one of those topics. It is a critical skill; some say it’s more important than content knowledge. And yet, there is no single method or protocol to follow to ensure success. So what’s a new teacher, or a teacher returning to the classroom after many years away, to do? No worries—we’ve got you. Here are the basics, along with amazing resources to get you started or give you inspiration to try something new.
Prodigy – Loved by more than 800,000 teachers and 30 million students, Prodigy is the world’s most engaging math game and platform. And it’s free for everyone
Eutopia – Learn strategies for building positive, compassionate classroom communities that engage learners, and find and exchange tips for coping with disruptive behaviors and managing distraction.
National Education Association
National Education Association – (NEA), the nation’s largest professional employee organization, is committed to advancing the cause of public education. NEA’s 3 million members work at every level of education—from pre-school to university graduate programs. NEA has affiliate organizations in every state and in more than 14,000 communities across the United States.
Classroom Management Module
Classroom Management Module – Classroom management is the process by which teachers and schools create and maintain appropriate behavior of
students in classroom settings. The purpose of implementing classroom management strategies is to enhance prosocial behavior and increase student academic engagement (Emmer & Sabornie, 2015; Everston & Weinstein, 2006). Effective classroom management principles work across almost all subject areas and grade levels (Brophy, 2006; Lewis, et al., 2006).
When using a tiered model in which school-wide support is provided at the universal level, classroom behavior management programs have shown to be effective for 80-85 percent of all students. More intensive programs may be needed for some students.
National Education Association
The Teacher Toolkit